Bridgestone Golf’s TOUR B X and XS Golf Balls Now Available in Yellow
New Models Meet Growing Demand Among Low-Handicap Players Seeking Colored Options
(COVINGTON, GA) – Bridgestone Golf – innovator of premium golf balls, clubs, and accessories – announces its popular TOUR B X and XS golf balls are now available in yellow and can be purchased exclusively through bridgestonegolf.com.
The original white versions were at center stage during the thrilling conclusion of yesterday’s Valspar Championship at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club, as Bridgestone Golf staff players and TOUR B users Tiger Woods (XS) and Brandt Snedeker (X) vied for the title. In only his fifth official PGA TOUR start since switching to Bridgestone golf balls, the 42-year-old Woods recorded a runner-up finish, his best showing since 2013.
This limited rollout is part of a trial program for the U.S. market that follows growing consumer demand. Sharing identical performance characteristics with the white versions, the yellow X and XS golf ball are designed to meet the performance needs of low-handicap players. Both provide excellent spin and greenside control due to a soft urethane cover formulation, while increased distance comes from enhanced aerodynamics and an improved 330 Dual Dimple design.
Among Bridgestone Golf’s best-selling models, the TOUR B X appeals to players seeking reduced driver spin for increased accuracy off the tee and the XS provides added friction for enhanced feel and control thanks to a softer cover and lower compression.
“Our market research indicates colored golf ball sales in the U.S. now represent over 20% of total ball sales,”
says Elliot Mellow, Marketing Manager at Bridgestone Golf.
“However, there is a void of colored options for low handicap golfers. Our TOUR B models outperform anything on the market and we want to ensure that avid players who have specific aesthetic and optical preferences can experience the superior performance of Bridgestone golf balls.”
Beyond the TOUR B X and XS models, Bridgestone currently offers colored variants in its TOUR B RX, e6 SPEED & SOFT, Extra Soft, and Lady golf balls.
The TOUR B Series represents Bridgestone’s most technologically advanced golf balls to date. During development, company engineers used data from more than 3 million in-person and online ball fittings, combined with insights from leading third-party industry sources, to identify the needs of specific player types. They then drew on more than 800 golf ball patents to determine which proprietary technologies would most benefit each of the golfer personas identified.
Four models make up the TOUR B line – X, XS, RX and RXS (each $44.99) – which provide unmatched feel, accuracy, and distance. In order to help customers find the perfect ball for their games, Bridgestone offers two quick, easy and comprehensive fitting options:
- BFIT Golf Ball Fitting App – Free to download, the app turns iPhones into a mobile launch monitor by utilizing the camera to analyze the user’s swing and recommend the best Bridgestone ball for their game.
- New Online Fitting Tool – Available at bridgestonegolf.com, it accommodates the full spectrum of players. The “Quick Fit” option easily determines the best ball for novices, while the in-depth “I Know My Game” offers a detailed set of questions to aid experienced golfers in finding the perfect fit. Finally, the “I’ve Been Measured” path allows users to input launch monitor data, ensuring the most accurate recommendation possible.
Each TOUR B Series golf ball features the proven characteristics that have made Bridgestone Golf among the most respected names in the industry. The benefits of these features include:
- Accuracy – Gradational core provides optimal energy transfer to create low side-spin and high ball velocity for incredible distance and accuracy gains
- Consistency – Seamless cover design utilizes injection molding technology to stabilize ball flight on all shots
- Distance – Aerodynamically superior dimple profiles provide different player types with vastly enhanced length and control
- Feel – SlipRes cover technology increases friction by creating more stability between the ball and club for enhanced control with irons and wedges
Bridgestone Golf’s professional staff includes 14-time major championship winner Tiger Woods, FedExCup champion Brandt Snedeker, Olympics bronze medalist Matt Kuchar, Masters winner Fred Couples, rising stars Bryson DeChambeau, Lexi Thompson and more.
About Bridgestone Golf
Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is based in Covington, GA and manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and, as the world’s largest tire manufacturer, leverages its 900 rubber polymer science engineers worldwide to produce high-performing products. Customer swing and related data, captured through its popular, nationwide ball-fitting program, advises continuous advancement of ball technology. Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo.
More information: Visit the Bridgestone website.