About 6-8 months ago, I noticed a considerable uptick in visits to my Vegas Golf Ranking page on the website.
Ever since then, it’s been by far the most popular page on The Breakfast Ball. I update it enough that it stays valid, but it had me thinking about recording a show regarding the same topic. I reached out to Joe from HittinGreens about recording the show with me, and he thought it was a great idea as well.
We did this on a points system and then averaged our two rankings out for a final number.
The points breakdown like this:
- Design – 15pts
- Practice Facility – 15pts
- Course Conditions – 15pts
- Atmosphere – 10pts
- The total points possible on the GOLF COURSE section are 55pts.
- Pro Shop – 15pts
- Staff – 10pts
- Price – 20pts
- The total points on the OTHER FACTORS section are 45pts.
- For a total of 100pts
We wanted the main ranking to be based on the golf course.
And that is why there is a higher value of points available. But, we also know other key factors that go into choosing where to play. For instance, price is a MAJOR element in deciding if you’ll tee it up or not, and that is why it has the point value it does, but it doesn’t exceed the golf course total value.
Here is a list of the courses we talk about in this episode with the ranking number:
- #53 Las Vegas Golf Center (29.5)
- #52 Painted Desert (33.5)
- #51 Durango Hills (41.0)
- #50 Sunrise Vista (47.0)
- #49 North Las Vegas Par 3 (48.0)
- #48 Aliante Golf Club (48.0)
- #47 Boulder City Muni (49.0)
- #46 Palm Valley (53.5)
- #45 Los Prados (54.0)
- #44 Las Vegas Golf Club (56.5)
- #43 Arroyo Golf Club (56.5)
- #42 Desert Willow (57.0)
- #41 Eagle Crest (58.0)
- #40 The Club at Sunrise (58.5)
- #39 Canyon Gate Country Club (59.0)
- #38 Angel Park – Cloud 9 (59.5)
Thanks for listening
About The Chasing Daylight Podcast
This show is for the casual golf fan who occasionally likes to nerd out on the game’s different topics. Look for interviews from insiders within the industry, banter from their opinions on golf’s current state. And discussions about headline topics like the Major tournaments and the hot new clubs hitting the shelves. Real talk, from real people who play the game.