The first Legends Never Dye Golf Event will take place on July 11th, 2020
Click HERE to register and secure your spot!
- 04/01/2020 – The event is still scheduled as planned.
- 04/06/2020 – The event has been changed from a 54-hole to a 36-hole outing
- 05/26/2020 – New items added to the raffle prizes
The event has an INSTAGRAM PAGE.
Be sure to follow @Legends_Never_Dye for additional information about the event and to see some of the raffle prizes and swag bag items.
In honor of the Legend Pete Dye, this golf event will take place at the Las Vegas Pauite Golf Resort. Home to three masterfully crafted Pete Dye designed layouts, Paiute was the perfect place to honor Mr. Dye with this unique golf outing.
Hosted by The Breakfastball Golf Blog, Hittingreens, and Good Walk Coffee Company, this event is set to take place on July 11th, 2020, at the world-famous Paiute Golf Resort! Originally this golf outing was scheduled to the played over all three of the courses at Pauite. However, with the recent world events taking place Paiute and its board of directors have decided to only operate two of the three courses this summer. They will be rotating the tracks and for the Legends Never Dye event, we will be playing The Wolf and Sun Mountian courses.
Entry Fee: $250.00
The deadline to register is JUNE 25th, 2020.
The Tee times for the first round will start at TBD and round two will roughly start at TBD
Much like other Solstice style events, this is going to be a “go out and play golf” type outing. Consider it a social outing vs a tournament. You won’t have to worry about keeping a score or going up against others that may be more skilled. We want this to be a memorable event in the memory of the Legend that was Pete Dye where everyone enjoys themselves while playing a few of his desert golf designs.
However, that does not mean we can’t have some fun! There will be a Closest To The Pin contest on the famous 15th hole at the Wolf Course and also a long drive hole on that layout as well.
We also plan to have some Vendors on-site to make the day more enjoyable.
Here is what you get with your entry into Legends Never Dye:
- Golf Cart
- Range Balls
- Swag bag from our sponsors
- 1 Raffle Ticket for the Raffle
- Before golf breakfast sponsored by Good Walk Coffee Company
The Swag Bag:
- Grindin’ Golf Co. Event Headcover
- Atomic Golf Copper Event Ball Marker
- 50 Event Tees from Berg Golf
- 1 Dozen Wilson DuoSoft+ Golf Balls
- Event Sticker Batch (BBGB, HittinGreen, Legends Never Dye)
- Event Players Towel from Eagle Par Birdie Golf
- Custom Glove from North Coast Golf Co
- Good Walk Coffee Company Tumbler
- Fairway Headcover from Cayce Golf
- 30 Day Free Trial from 18Birdies
Closest To The Pin Prizes:
- A print of the 15th Green from the very talented Brian Oar.
- Legends Never Dye Hand Stamped and Hammered Ball Marker from Strokes Gained Customs.
Long Drive Contest Prizes:
The Raffle Prizes:
SPECIAL RAFFLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP BEFORE OR DURING APRIL
- Custom Made Strokes Gained Putter
- $250 Certificate from Travis Mathew & Cuater
- Two Wilson Staff EXO Carry Golf Bags
- A Wilson Staff Model Wedge
- A Ricky Johnson Putter
- A special offering from All In Golfing Co.
- Shoe Bag, Tee Shirt, Hat and a pair of shoes from TRUE Linkswear
- A custom-built, Pete Dye themed piece from The Bradley Putter Company
- A custom piece from Kraken Golf
- A custom-built putter from Olson Manufacturing
- A custom-built putter from Carbon Putters
- Brickley Golf ensemble of goods
- TaylorMade HiToe Customized Black Wedge
- Three Wedges from Haywood Golf stamped with Legends, Never, Dye
- A Holy Stone HS_SERIES HS110D drone has been donated for the raffle. Thank you ServiceNow
- UST Mamiya has donated TWO of the new LIN•Q Golf Shafts (1 Gunmetal, 1 Purple)
- BGT has donated a $400 Gift Certificate for their shafts
- 18Birdies has donated a premium subscription for one year ($99 Value)
I’ll be adding to this list as the companies we reach out to confirm an item for the auction. I’ll also be posting pictures so everyone can see the things that will be up for grabs.
We are aware that this event is going to take place in the dead of summer, and there is an excellent chance the weather is going to be in the upper 90’s to low 100’s. With the possibility of even higher temps. As much as we would love to hold the event in spring or fall when the weather is ideal, there is not enough daylight to complete all three courses. Which is why we chose the July 11th date.
I’ve played at 80° in July in this valley as well as 110° We are going to do everything we can to ensure a safe environment for all participants. Hydration, sun protection, and staying cool will be a focus for everyone who participates. If, for any reason, you feel that completing 36 holes of golf in those conditions is not for you, please do not put yourself at risk and sign up. There will be no refunds for weather-related occurrences.
If this sounds like an event you would like to be a part of, Click HERE to secure your spot!
About the Courses, you’ll be playing
Sun Mountain Course
The second course of the trio shines in at 7,112 total yards. It houses expansive rolling terrain and enchanting scenery with a monstrous mountain backdrop, indigenous desert landscape, and sweeping slope changes. The resort staff hails Sun Mountain as their favorite because of the quality conditions and natural framing. Golfers will warm to the experience of Sun Mountain with its four tee options.
Howls at 7,604 total yards… Longest course in Nevada… Come take a bite. The newest and most difficult, also known as the signature course, leads the pack, but golfers can temper the challenge with its five tee options. The most difficult layout at The Paiute also holds the record as the longest course in Nevada. Marrying remarkable length with raw beauty, the course is infamous for its severe undulations, alternate landing areas, and a stunning 15th hole island green.