The first Legends Never Dye Golf Event will take place on July 11th, 2020
Click HERE to register and secure your spot!
- 04/01/2020 – The event is still scheduled as planned.
- 04/06/2020 – The event has been changed from a 54-hole to a 36-hole outing
- 05/26/2020 – New items added to the raffle prizes
- 06/02/2020 – Please welcome our new Closest to the pin sponsor – ClubPur
- 06/25/2020 – New Raffle Items donated from Sneaker Head Golf Co.
- 06/25/2020 – We partnered with Elite Fundraising Solutions as a Sponsor for the Long Drive Hole
The event has an INSTAGRAM PAGE.
Be sure to follow @Legends_Never_Dye for additional information about the event and to see some of the raffle prizes and swag bag items.
In honor of the Legend Pete Dye, this golf event will take place at the Las Vegas Pauite Golf Resort and is being organized by The Breakfast Ball. Home to three masterfully crafted Pete Dye designed layouts, Paiute was the perfect place to honor Mr. Dye with this unique golf outing.
Hosted by The Breakfastball Golf Blog, Hittingreens, and Good Walk Coffee Company, this event will take place on July 11th, 2020, at the world-famous Paiute Golf Resort! Originally this golf outing was scheduled to the played over all three of the courses at Pauite. However, with the recent world events taking place, Paiute and its board of directors have decided only to operate two of the three courses this summer. They will be rotating the tracks, and for the Legends Never Dye event, we will be playing The Wolf and Sun Mountian courses.
Entry Fee: $250.00
The deadline to register is JULY 3rd, 2020. There will be no refunds issued once you have registered.
Legends Never Dye Format
Much like other Solstice style events, this is going to be a “go out and play golf” type outing. Consider it a social outing vs. a tournament. You won’t have to worry about keeping a score or going up against others that may be more skilled. We want this to be a memorable event in the memory of the Legend that was Pete Dye, where everyone enjoys themselves while playing a few of his desert golf designs.
However, that does not mean we can’t have some fun! There will be a Closest To The Pin contest on the famous 15th hole at the Wolf Course and also a long drive hole on that layout as well.
We also plan to have some Vendors on-site to make the day more enjoyable.
The Tee times for the first round will start at TBD, and round two will roughly start at TBD
The pairings will be made available prior to the day of the event so you will know what is a good time to arrive. We recommend getting there early to participate in the GOOD WALK COFFEE BREAKFAST.
Here is what you get with your entry into Legends Never Dye:
- Golf Cart
- Range Balls
- Swag bag from our sponsors
- 1 Raffle Ticket for the Raffle
- Before golf breakfast sponsored by Good Walk Coffee Company
The Swag Bag:
- Grindin’ Golf Co. Event Headcover
- Atomic Golf Copper Event Ball Marker
- 50 Event Tees from Berg Golf
- 1 Dozen Wilson DuoSoft+ Golf Balls
- Event Sticker Batch (BBGB, HittinGreen, Legends Never Dye)
- Event Players Towel from Eagle Par Birdie Golf
- Custom Glove from North Coast Golf Co
- Good Walk Coffee Company Eco Tumbler
- Fairway Headcover from Cayce Golf
- 30 Day Free Trial from 18Birdies
- A Mulligan Cigar from Greenside Cigars
Closest To The Pin Brought to you by ClubPur will take place on the famous 15th hole on the Wolf Course
- A print of the 15th Green from the very talented Brian Oar.
- Legends Never Dye Hand Stamped and Hammered Ball Marker from Strokes Gained Customs.
- Gift Pack from ClubPur
- TaylorMade HiToe Customized Black Wedge ($240 Value)
Long Drive Contest Prizes:
Legends Never Dye Raffle
For anyone who has ever played in an event where there are some seriously great items up for grabs, pay attention. We all have fallen victim to that one guy that has more money than GOD, buys a $1,000 in raffle tickets and goes home with a handful of goods. When that money is going to charity, it’s fantastic to see, but for those of you who have never taken home a raffle prize because of THAT GUY, you’re going to lobe what we’re doing.
Each participant will receive one raffle ticket with their registration. Then, on the day of the event, we will limit the purchase of raffles tickets to 5 per player at $20 each. On the Closest to the Pin Hole, brought to you by ClubPur, you will have the option to purchase a Breakfast Ball (limit 2, we don’t want to kill the pace) for $20 each and you will receive a raffle ticket for each one you buy.
We’re trying to sort out other ways to win raffle tickets. So stay tuned for more info on that. Here’s the list of raffle prizes. You can see why the raffle tickets are going to be a hot commodity, and with a limited field of 60 players, you have a great chance to take home one of these amazing items!
The Raffle Prizes:
SPECIAL RAFFLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP BEFORE OR DURING APRIL
- Custom Made Strokes Gained Putter hand-delivered by Rohrs at the Event (Priceless)
- $250 Certificate from Travis Mathew & Cuater
- Three Wilson Staff EXO Carry Golf Bags ($200 Value each)
- A Wilson Staff Model Wedge ($130 Value)
- A Ricky Johnson Putter ($625 Value)
- A unique offering from All In Golfing Co.
- Shoe Bag, Tee Shirt, Hat and a pair of shoes from TRUE Linkswear ($200 Value)
- A custom-built, Pete Dye themed piece from The Bradley Putter Company ($800 Value)
- A custom piece from Kraken Golf and a few golf gloves ($150 Value)
- A custom-built putter from Carbon Putters ($500 Value)
- Brickley Golf ensemble of goods
- Three Wedges from Haywood Golf stamped with Legends, Never, Dye ($400 Value)
- A Holy Stone HS_SERIES HS110D drone has been donated for the raffle. Thank you ServiceNow ($70 Value)
- UST Mamiya has donated TWO of the new LIN•Q Golf Shafts, 1 Gunmetal, 1 Purple ($500 Value)
- BGT has donated a $400 Gift Certificate for their shafts & a one on one fitting with Blair (Dallas, TX)
- 18Birdies has donated a premium subscription for one year ($99 Value)
- Stymie Golf Supply has donated a custom made Headcover
- TruTech Golf has donated one of their custom made Putters
- VA Golf Shafts has donated a choice of one of their shafts to the raffle winner (Up to a $500 value)
- Shawn Rowe has graciously donated a three-pack of lessons to the event ($250 Value)
- Olson Manufacturing, aka Logan Olson, has provided us with a putter for the raffle. ($1,000 Value)
- Sneaker Head Golf Co has donated several items to the raffle. ($200 Value)
I’ll be adding to this list as the companies we reach out to confirm an item for the raffle. I’ll also be posting pictures so everyone can see the things that will be up for grabs.
Legends Never Dye Disclaimer
We are aware that this event is going to take place in the dead of summer, and there is an excellent chance the weather is going to be in the upper 90’s to low 100’s. With the possibility of even higher temps. As much as we would love to hold the event in spring or fall when the weather is ideal, there is not enough daylight to complete all three courses. Which is why we chose the July 11th date. Thankfully there has been some good to come out of the COVID nightmare. With Paiute only running two courses at a time the heat will not be as big as a factor for our event. It will more than likely still be hot but 8hrs vs 12hrs in the heat has sounded a lot better to the majority of players who have signed up.
I’ve played at 80° in July in this valley as well as 110° We are going to do everything we can to ensure a safe environment for all participants. Hydration, sun protection, and staying cool will be a focus for everyone who participates. If, for any reason, you feel that completing 36 holes of golf in those conditions is not for you, please do not put yourself at risk and sign up. There will be no refunds for weather-related occurrences.
If this sounds like an event, you would like to be a part of, Click HERE to secure your spot!
About the Courses, you’ll be playing
Sun Mountain Course
The second course of the trio shines in at 7,112 total yards. It houses expansive rolling terrain and enchanting scenery with a monstrous mountain backdrop, indigenous desert landscape, and sweeping slope changes. The resort staff hails Sun Mountain as their favorite because of the quality conditions and natural framing. Golfers will warm to the experience of Sun Mountain with its four tee options.
Howls at 7,604 total yards… Longest course in Nevada… Come take a bite. The newest and most difficult, also known as the signature course, leads the pack, but golfers can temper the challenge with its five tee options. The most difficult layout at The Paiute also holds the record as the longest course in Nevada. Marrying remarkable length with raw beauty, the course is infamous for its severe undulations, alternate landing areas, and a stunning 15th hole island green.